- This event has passed.
Major Dallas County Land Auction 477 Acres
Thursday May 19 6:00 pm8:00 pm
- Thursday May 19
6:00 pm8:00 pm
- Event Category:
- O’Bannon Community Center – Buffalo, MO
315 E. Ramsey St.
Buffalo, MO 65622 United States + Google Map
Major Absolute Dallas County Land Auction Thursday - May 19th - 6PM
Estate of John Paul Jones
Auction Held at the O’Bannon Community Building
315 E. Ramsey • Buffalo, MO
Directions to O’Bannon Community Building: From the Buffalo Square travel north on MO-73/Maple St. approx. ½ mi. to Ramsey St. Turn east on Ramsey St. and travel a short distance to the O’Bannon Community Building. Watch for Diamond S Auction signs!
Parcel 1 Location: 165 New Hope Rd. Buffalo, MO
Directions to Parcel 1: From US-65 & MO-13 in Buffalo, travel north on US-65 approx. 6½ mi. to New Hope Rd. Turn east on New Hope Rd. and travel approx. 1 mile to the property. Watch for Diamond S Auction & Real Estate Co. signs!
Parcel 2 Location: Hwy 64 (East of Louisburg, MO)
Directions to Parcel 2: From the intersection of US-65 & MO-64 in Louisburg, travel west on MO-64 approx. 1 mi. to the property on the south side of the road at the intersection of MO-64 and Elkhart Rd. Watch for Diamond S Auction & Real Estate Co. signs!
Parcel 1 Overview: This parcel features 399± acres of gently rolling and mostly open grassland located in a beautiful countryside setting about eight minutes north of Buffalo, Missouri. The property is being offered in 21 individual tracts ranging from 2± to 38± Acres. Bidders may also bid on their own unique combinations of two or more tracts or bid on the property in its entirety. This parcel features extensive improvements including a large five-bedroom two-story home with many features including a beautiful foyer with high ceilings and sweeping staircase. There are two large barns, one is nearly new, livestock corrals, good fences, a live water creek and several ponds. Although most of the property is open grassland, there are a few wooded areas along the western side of the property that feature good hunting spots. This property also features excellent road frontage with approximately one-half mile of paved road (New Hope Rd.) along the south side and another half-mile dividing the eastern and western tracts. This family farm has been operated with pride and received excellent care and maintenance throughout the years. This auction presents prospective bidders with a unique and tremendous opportunity to purchase the size and type of land that best suits their own unique need and desires.
Parcel 2 Overview: This parcel features 78± acres of gently rolling and mostly open grassland located in a attractive countryside setting about two minutes west of Louisburg, Missouri. The property is being offered in six individual tracts ranging from 8± to 22± Acres. Bidders may also bid on their own unique combinations of two or more tracts or bid on the property in it’s entirety. The property is mostly open grassland. However, there are a few wooded areas on the south side of the property. There are two large ponds on the property and an former homesite with a corral area. This property also features exceptional road frontage with approximately one-quarter mile of frontage on MO-64 and three-quarters of a mile of frontage on Elkhart & Hollowberry Roads. This real estate auction presents a great opportunity to purchase the whole property, just one tract or anything in between.
Auction Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. There is no buyer’s premium. The amount of the high bid will be the purchase price of the property.
2. A down payment based on the purchase price will be paid at the close of Auction. Down payment amounts shall be subject to the following scale:
- $300,000 and below: $15,000.00
- $301,000 – $500,000: $25,000.00
- $501,000 – $1 Million $35,000.00
- Above $1 Million $50,000.00
- Purchase of an Entire Parcel: 5% of Purchase Price
3. Balance of purchase price is due in cash at closing. Closing costs will be shared equally between Buyer(s) and Seller.
4. The sale of the real estate is not subject to any contingencies nor conditional upon financing.
5. The Seller shall provide a title search and a Warranty Deed. The cost of title insurance shall be at Buyer’s expense if Buyer elects to secure a title insurance policy.
6. The Seller shall pay the 2021 and prior year’s real estate taxes; real estate taxes for 2022 shall be prorated to the date of closing.
7. If the Seller determines that a boundary survey is required to establish a legal description, then a survey shall be prepared by Shuler Land Surveying of Bolivar, MO. The Seller and Buyer(s) shall share equally in the cost of the survey. Tracts purchased in combination shall receive a perimeter survey only, if any. In the event that an existing legal description is available then no survey will be required and as such, a survey will not be conducted.
8. The locations of the tract signs on the parcels are approximate. These signs are not survey markers nor are they substitutes for survey markers, there may be a difference of several feet in any direction between the location of the tract sign and the actual location of a boundary line.
9. The acreage estimates for each tract were developed using GIS satellite technology. These are fairly accurate estimates, however they are only estimates. Therefore, the bid price for unimproved tracts or combinations of unimproved tracts shall be adjusted at closing to reflect the results of any required survey work, if the surveyed acres are different than the estimated acres. It is important to note that this adjustment shall reflect both additions to and subtractions from the estimated acres and subsequently the final purchase price. However, there shall be no prorated price adjustment for any tract or combination of tracts that contain building improvements.
10. Possession shall not be granted until closing. No Buyer may inhabit the dwellings, make physical changes to any structure or land, stock the farm with cattle or other livestock, harvest any crop nor store any items on the premises. Closing shall take place within 45 days from today at Polk County Title Co. in Bolivar, MO.
11. The seller may choose to qualify the sale of the property under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Service Code (tax deferred exchange). Buyer(s) shall cooperate with said exchange and shall be held harmless from any and all claims, costs, liabilities, or delays resulting from such an exchange. Buyer shall agree to an assignment of this contract by the Seller.
12. The sale of the property does not include items that are portable in nature or items that have been specifically advertised separately from the property. This shall include but is not limited to: portable utility buildings, feeders, corral panels, home appliances, propane tanks, livestock chutes, etc.
13. In the event that the property sells in tracts and water or septic lines happen to cross a boundary line onto an adjacent tract the Buyer(s) of the adjacent tracts(s) shall be required to grant the easements necessary for the operation and maintenance of such systems. Furthermore, Buyers of any and all tracts shall be required to grant the easements required by the local power company to supply electrical service to each tract.
14. Tract 13 on Parcel 1 is a “Swing Tract.” This means that this particular tract must sell in combination with another tract or to a neighboring landowner to provide ingress and egress to the tract.
15. The 40’ Easement depicted on the tract map running east and west along the north side of Tract 8 and extending westward between Tracts 9 and 11 to Tracts 10 and 12 is a non-existing easement. Meaning there is no existing roadway.
16. The 40’ Easement depicted on the tract map running east and west between Tracts 15 and 16 servicing tracts 19, 20 & 21 is a partially existing easement. The existing roadway shall serve as the easement up to the west side of Tract 20. At approximately the west boundary of Tract 20 the easement becomes a non-existing easement and shall extend due east along the north side of Tract 20 to service Tracts 19 and 21.
17. Easements depicted on the Tract Map shall only be surveyed and recorded if they are necessary for ingress and egress to the subject tracts. Furthermore, easements shall extend only as far as is minimally necessary to provide adequate ingress and egress to the subject tracts. If other access is available (either from frontage on a public roadway or adjoining property of which the buyer is party to) no easement will be required and therefore shall not be surveyed nor recorded. Beneficiaries of said easements shall share the costs of opening the easement, construction and maintenance of the roadway equally. Furthermore, said easement shall remain open and unobstructed for the benefit of those accessing the subject tracts.
18. There are not fence lines separating the tracts of each parcel. New fencing shall be the sole responsibility of the Buyer(s).
19. Your bids are to be based solely upon your inspection. All real estate is being sold “as-is” without physical warranty of any kind. The Seller and the agents of Diamond S Auction & Real Estate Co. shall not express or imply any warranty or guarantee of any specific zoning classifications, location of utilities, assurances of building permits, water or septic permits. All informational drawings and descriptions are intended as approximations only and should NOT be considered absolute. Confirmation of the accuracy of said informational drawings and descriptions shall be the sole responsibility of the Buyer(s) to their own satisfaction. No warranties or guarantees as to the condition of the well(s) are made by the Seller nor Auction Company. In short, all property is being sold “AS IS” with no guarantees of any kind.
20. All real estate is being sold subject to any existing recorded easements. Existing recorded leases, if any, will be assigned to the Buyer.
21. At the close of the auction, Buyer(s) will be required to execute an Agreement to Purchase Real Estate and Addendum(s). This agreement is available for your review. The terms of this agreement and addendum(s) are non-negotiable.
22. Please keep in mind that the Agreement to Purchase Real Estate you will be signing at the close of the auction will be drawn up based on the manner in which you bid. You will be closing on the tract or combination of tracts on which you are the successful bidder in the manner in which you bid at the auction.
23. Diamond S Auction & Real Estate Company, Inc. and its representatives are the exclusive agents of the Seller. Any announcements made by the auctioneers shall take precedence over this and any other printed material.
399 +/- Acres in 21 Tracts or Combinations
78+/- Acres in 6 Tracts or Combinations
Parcel 2 Tract Descriptions
Tract 1: 9± Acres, Corner Lot, All Open, Excellent Grassland; Potential Building Site
Tract 2: 9± Acres, Corner Lot, All Open, Excellent Grassland; Potential Building Site
Tract 3: 22± Acres; All Open, Excellent Grassland; Former Farmstead Site, Corral Area, Pond; Potential Building Site
Tract 4: 20± Acres; Mostly Open; Excellent Grassland; Potential Building Site
Tract 5: 10 Acres; ¾ Open, Nice Building Site Overlooking Pond
Tract 6: 8 Acres; Mostly Wooded; Potential Wooded Building Site For Walk-Out Basement Home
Dallas Co. R-I School Dist.
Est Taxes: $115.96 (All Tracts)