- This event has passed.
Major Wright County Land Auction
Thursday Nov 16 6:00 pm
- Thursday Nov 16
- Event Category:
- Held at Shetler’s Event Center – Mountain Grove, MO
Mountain Grove, MO 65711 United States + Google Map
Major Wright County Land Auction Thurs. Nov. 16th 6PM
Auction Location: Shelter’s Event Center ● 3099 MO-95 ● Mountain Grove, MO
Directions to Shetler’s Event Center: From the intersection of US-60 and MO-95 in Mountain Grove, travel north on MO-95 approx. ¾ mi. to Shetler’s Event Center on the west side of the road. Watch for Diamond S Auction & Real Estate Co. “Auction Today” signs.
Property Location: 5820 Curtner Rd. ● Norwood, MO
Directions to Property: From the intersection of US-60 and MO-E in Norwood Mo, travel north on MO-E approx. 6 mi. to Curtner Rd. Turn west on Curtner Rd. and travel approx. 1 mi. to the ranch on both sides of the roadway.
AUCTION TRACT MAP
REAL ESTATE TRACT DESCRIPTIONS
Tract 1: 57± Acres, Approx. 50% Open, Frontage on Curtner Road, Pond
Tract 2: 3± Acres; Fixer-Upper Home Site W/ Barn, Well, Septic & Electric; Frontage on Curtner Rd.
Tract 3: 62± Acres; Approx. 3/4 Open; Frontage on Curtner Road; Water Well
Tract 4: 50± Acres; Access from Frog Knob Road; Water Well; Mostly Wooded
Tract 5: 76± Acres; Approx. 40% Open; 2 Livestock Waterers; Frontage on Curtner Road; Creek Frontage
Tract 6: 20± Acres; Bottom Land Soils; Frontage on Curtner Road, Creek Frontage
Tract 7: 147± Acres; Natural Spring; Frontage on Curtner Road; Approximately 3/4 Open; Beautiful Views; 2 Ponds; Older Barn
Tract 8: 58± Acres; Mostly Wooden; Frontage on Curtner Rd.
Tract 9: 12± Acres; Frontage on Curtner Road; Excellent Building Site W/ Beautiful Views; Open Area on South End & Mostly Wooded to the North
Tract 10: 76± Acres; 3/4 Wooded; Pond; Frontage on Curtner Rd.
Tract 11: 33± Acres; Frontage on Curtner Road; 3/4 Open W/ Some Scattered Timber; Small Pond
Tract 12 4± Acres; Fixer-Upper Home Site; Water Well, Septic & Electric; Frontage on Curtner Rd.
Tract 13: 40± Acres; 3/4 Wooded; Pond
Tract 14: 15± Acres; Frontage on Sparks Road; Wooded
Tract 15: 4± Acres; Homesite W/ Shop & Outbuilding (Currently Rented), Well Septic & Electric; A Gravesite Exists on this Tract
Tract 16: 20± Acres; Approx. 40% Open; 40’ Easement from Sparks Road
Tract 17: 24± Acres; Mostly Wooded; Frontage on Sparks Rd.; Creek Frontage
Tract 18: 21± Acres; Frontage on Sparks Road & Curtner Road; Nice Building Sites; Creek Frontage
Tract 19: 9± Acres; 5,200 Ft² 3-Bedroom, 2-Bath “Barndominium”, Central HVAC, Wood Fired Stove, Open-Concept Living & Dining Room, Commercial-Grade Kitchen. Large Covered Front Porch; Large Arena, Cattle Working Facilities, And A Greenhouse (Needs Work)
Tract 20: 47± Acres; Creek Frontage; Mostly Open
Tract 21: 82± Acres; 3/4 Wooded (Open Area to the Northwest), 40’ Easement from Sparks Rd.; Creek Frontage
Tract 22: 73± Acres; 3/4 Open; 2 Livestock Waterers; Frontage on Curtner Road; A Gravesite Exists on This Tract
Tract 23: 65± Acres; Approximately 50% Open Frontage on Curtner Road
All Tracts Lie Within The Norwood R-2 School District
ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
This beautiful Wright County Ranch will be sold at auction! The property encompasses 998± acres near Norwood, Missouri. Whether you’re a hunter, farmer, rancher, or a little bit of all three, this fantastic property has got you covered.
With an excellent mix of wooded areas and open pastures, live-water creeks and springs, this versatile property is perfect for cattle, horses or other livestock and features some of the best hunting in the Ozarks. The ranch is fenced and cross-fenced. You’ll find abundant grassland, as well as, ideal spots for food plots, beautiful building sites, five water wells, numerous ponds and Clark’s Creek running through the property making this a dream ranch for any cattleman or outdoor enthusiast.
The timber on the property features a diverse blend of hardwood species, as well as dogwoods, redbuds, shortleaf pines, and other species. The topography features an exceptional combination of ridges, draws, meadows, and south-facing slopes.
Additionally, the property boasts a 5,200 ft² three-bedroom, two-bath “barndominium” with central HVAC, a wood fired stove, open-concept living and dining room, and a commercial-grade kitchen. Enjoy the evenings on the large covered front porch for some relaxation.
There are three additional homes on the property that could serve as hunting cabins, or rental properties providing additional income. The property also includes a large arena, cattle working facilities, and a greenhouse (which needs some work)., For those seeking a property in the Ozarks that ticks all the boxes, this one should definitely be on your list!
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. There is no buyer’s premium. The amount of the high bid will be the purchase price of the property.
2. A down payment based on the purchase price will be paid at the close of Auction. Down payment amounts shall be subject to the following scale:
- $300,000 and below: 10% up to $15,000.00 (Capped)
- $301,000 – $500,000: $25,000.00 (Flat)
- $501,000 – $1 Million $35,000.00 (Flat)
- Above $1 Million $50,000.00 (Flat)
- Purchase of the entire property: 5% (Uncapped)
3. Balance of purchase price is due in cash at closing. Closing costs will be shared equally between Buyer(s) and Seller.
4. The sale of the real estate is not subject to any contingencies nor conditional upon financing.
5. The Seller shall provide a title search and a Warranty Deed. The cost of title insurance shall be at Buyer’s expense if Buyer elects to secure a title insurance policy.
6. The Seller shall pay the 2022 and all prior year’s real estate taxes; real estate taxes for 2023 shall be prorated to the date of closing.
7. If the Seller determines that a boundary survey is required to establish a legal description, then a survey shall be prepared by Shuler Land Surveying of Bolivar, MO. The Seller and Buyer(s) shall share equally in the cost of the survey. Tracts purchased in combination shall receive a perimeter survey only, if any. In the event that an existing legal description is available then no survey will be required and as such, a survey will not be conducted.
8. The locations of the tract signs on the parcels are approximate. These signs are not survey markers nor are they substitutes for survey markers, there may be a difference of several feet in any direction between the location of the tract sign and the actual location of a boundary line.
9. The acreage estimates for each tract were developed using GIS satellite technology. These are fairly accurate estimates, however they are only estimates. Therefore, the bid price for unimproved tracts or combinations of unimproved tracts shall be adjusted at closing to reflect the results of any required survey work, if the surveyed acres are different than the estimated acres. It is important to note that this adjustment shall reflect both additions to and subtractions from the estimated acres and subsequently the final purchase price. However, there shall be no prorated price adjustment for any tract or combination of tracts that contain building improvements.
10. Possession shall not be granted until closing. No Buyer may make physical changes to any structure or land, stock the farm with cattle or other livestock, harvest any crop nor store any items on the premises. Closing shall take place on or before December 27, 2023 through Polk County Title Co. of Bolivar, MO.
11. The seller may choose to qualify the sale of the property under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Service Code (tax deferred exchange). Buyer(s) shall cooperate with said exchange and shall be held harmless from any and all claims, costs, liabilities, or delays in time resulting from such an exchange. Buyer shall agree to an assignment of this contract by the Seller.
12. The sale of the property does not include items that are portable in nature or items that have been specifically advertised separately from the property. This shall include but is not limited to: feeders, portable corral panels, propane tanks, livestock chutes, etc.
13. In the event that the property sells in tracts and water or septic lines happen to cross a boundary line onto an adjacent tract the Buyer(s) of the adjacent tracts(s) shall be required to grant the easements necessary for the operation and maintenance of such systems. Furthermore, Buyers of any and all tracts shall be required to grant the easements required by the local power company to supply electrical service to each tract.
14. There may not be fence lines separating the tracts of each parcel. Neither the Seller nor the auction company shall be responsible for any new fencing. New fencing shall be the sole responsibility of the Buyer(s).
15. The well located on Tract 2 is currently servicing a water hydrant located on Tract 22. Furthermore, the well located on Tract 3 is currently servicing a livestock watering device located on the south end of Tract 5 and the Home on Tract 19. In the event that these tracts sell to different buyers, the buyer(s) of the tract containing the well(s) shall determine whether to allow or disallow the continued use of the well for these purposes. Any and all agreements for a shared well shall be solely between the buyer of the subject tracts.
16. Please be aware that gravesites exist on Tracts 15 & 22
17. The 40’ easements depicted on the Tract Map running east and west along the south side of Tracts 14 & 17 servicing Tracts 16 & 21 and extending southeast from the entrance gate on Tract 20 and servicing Tract 19 shall remain open and passable to provide ingress and egress to the subject tracts. Said easements shall be for the benefit of the affected tracts. Expenses of roadway construction and maintenance shall be the sole responsibility of the beneficiaries of said easements. Said easements shall only be surveyed and recorded if they are necessary for ingress and egress to the subject tracts. If other access is available, either from public roadway frontage or existing adjacent land of which the buyer is party to, no easement will be required and as such none will be surveyed or recorded. Said easements shall extend only as far as minimally necessary to provide legal ingress and egress to the subject tracts.
18. Your bids are to be based solely upon your inspection. All real estate is being sold “as-is” without physical warranty of any kind. The Seller and the agents of Diamond S Auction & Real Estate Co. shall not express or imply any warranty or guarantee of any specific zoning classifications, location of utilities, and assurance of building permits, water or septic permits. All informational drawings and descriptions are intended as approximations only and should NOT be considered absolute. Confirmation of the accuracy of said informational drawings and descriptions shall be the sole responsibility of the buyer to their own satisfaction. No warranties or guarantees as to the condition of the well or wells on any tract are made by the Seller or Auction Company. In short, all property is being sold “AS IS” with no guarantees of any kind.
19. All real estate is being sold subject to any existing recorded easements. Existing recorded leases, if any, will be assigned to the Buyer.
20. At the close of the auction, Buyer(s) will be required to execute an Agreement to Purchase Real Estate and Addendum(s). This agreement is available for your review. The terms of this agreement and addendum(s) are non-negotiable.
21. Please keep in mind that the Agreement to Purchase Real Estate you will be signing at the close of the auction will be drawn up based on the manner in which you bid. You will be closing on the tract or combination of tracts on which you are the successful bidder in the manner in which you bid at the auction.
22. Diamond S Auction & Real Estate Company, Inc. and its representatives are the exclusive agents of the Seller. Any announcements made by the auctioneers shall take precedence over this and any other printed material.